Adapt Today to Shape Tomorrow
President’s Message by Jeff Ferguson Last Updated: May, 2017
While the transition to Matt Petersen’s presidential year has begun, there still remains unfinished business and close-outs for this chapter year. We have a small RP calling campaign to complete, officer and chair position transitions are underway, a sustainability award submittal is in the works and financials for our last two RP events (Skeet Shoot and YEA Poker Night) are in the wrap-up mode.
Thanks to all the BOG members, Officers and Chairs that have assisted this year to make it yet another successful year for the NEOK ASHRAE chapter.
There are lots of exciting events planned for next year and I know Matt would appreciate a concerted effort on the part of our entire membership to “step up our game” for him next year and make it a great chapter year. Find a way to get involved in a committee and plan to attend the meetings, RP events and conferences in this next year.
Also, with a large number of June memberships expiring soon please help us keep our delinquency lists down by immediately renewing online. On that note, if you would like for an ASHRAE member to come and speak to your company about the benefits of ASHRAE membership and to encourage company sponsorships, I would be more than willing to come and give a pitch for ASHRAE. I really believe organizations like ASHRAE “raise the bar” for companies engaged in our business with timely information, training opportunities, networking possibilities, industry trends and fast-paced technology transfer.
Meanwhile, since our last newsletter everyone – including your BOG, Chairs and Officers – have been very busy!
- 04/25 – AEEOK / ASHRAE / PSO Energy Efficiency Seminar and Trade Show – Jeff Ferguson and Rachel Spitler attended this all-day event at River Spirit Casino. NEOK ASHAE sponsored a table and Jeff and Rachel were able to provide information about out chapter, membership and research promotion to industry professionals attending the event.
- 04/25 – YEA Drillers Game Night – We had in attendance Robert Schatz, LeAnna, Caleb & Cheyenne Reynolds, Jeff Ferguson, Brian Biggerstaff and Kyle Bowling.
- 04/27 – 04/29 – Region VIII CRC in Oklahoma City – We had a great group from NEOK ASHRAE attend the CRC in OKC. It was an excellent regional conference and NEOK was again front-and-center for accomplishments, awards and involvement for the 2016-17 year. These details are outlined in the CRC update section of this newsletter. We had 15 members of NEOK ASHRAE attend CRC and we had every chair position covered for the Saturday orientations. Congratulations to all of the award recipients from CRC! You represented our chapter well! In addition to the awards and accomplishments listed on the CRC summary, we have four members either carrying on with regional positions or stepping into new regional positions:
- GGAC RVC – Chad Smith (2017-2020)
- YEA Regional Coordinator (YRC) – LeAnna Reynolds (2018-2021)
- Regional Nominating Committee Alternate – Mark Fly
- Regional Newsletter Judging Chair – Dan Owens
- 05/03 – NEOK Chapter Lunch Meeting (Awards & Installation of Officers) – Our final meeting of the year was the busiest and best attended – great momentum for next year! We drew our final half-pot and the winner was Justin Stonehocker. Rachel Spitler took home the $50 cash drawing for RSVP. We recognized the CRC award recipients, listened to a presentation by the Sapulpa Public Schools Robotics Club and presented them with a check. Mike Beda stepped in for Joel Karstetter and presented the members with the new officers for next year. Finally, Andrew Sneed introduced our final speaker for this chapter year – Del Neubauer with Xylem. Del presented industry perspective and DOE updates related to pump efficiency and pump selection recommendations.
- 05/11 – May BOG – Final BOG agenda for yours truly – yippee!
- 05/18 – NEOK Chapter Spring Skeet Shoot (RP Promotion Event) – Ryan Dunkerson chaired an excellent event for RP and we had 31 shooters for this year’s event. Final numbers for RP and Chapter Operations are being compiled by Ryan and Nolan. Thanks to all of our sponsoring members and organizations for another successful event! I believe this event will only grow larger next year.
- 05/25 – YEA Poker Night
- 06/22 – June BOG and Long Range Planning Meeting (date is tentative)
- 06/24 – 06/28 – Annual Meeting (Long Beach, CA)
It has been a privilege to serve NEOK ASHRAE this year as your chapter President. Thanks for your support, advice and help along the way. Let’s stay engaged, get behind Matt for his upcoming year and finish strong!
Last updated: May, 2017